New River Valley Master Gardener Association
NRVMGA Meetings Calendar
Bylaws and Rules
Master Gardeners are committed
to learning and to communicating their knowledge of gardening to others.
Master Gardeners will direct their efforts to creating and maintaining an
awareness of the need for intelligent stewardship of the environment.
- July meeting 27th will be at Claytor Lake State Park. Come 5:30 pm for
munchies; presentation on what horticultural things the park is doing atarts at six pm at Water's Edge.
For carpooling contact your president.
- NRV Master Gardener Assoc will provide speakers on a wide variety of
gardening topics. Remember; "gardening" covers a big range of stuff.
If your club/group/school might need a speaker, contact the NRV coordinator at (540) 382-5790
- Here is the list of our generous plant sale donors for this year
| || |
|The Green Market, Route 460 Pembroke ||Take It Outside, Route 460 Pembroke |
|Walmart Pearisburg and Dublin ||Blacksburg Feed and Seed, N. Main St |
|Lowe's, Christiansburg ||Crow's Nest, Price's Fork |
|Riverbend (wholesale) Nursery, Riner ||Flowers by Drema Dawn, Pulaski |
|Childress Garden, Riner || Corrines, Christiansburg |
|Vaughn's Greenhouse , Dublin ||Poor Boy's Produce, Pulaski |
|Slaughter's Greenhouse, Floyd || Harmony Organics, 1404 N. Main Street Blacksburg |
|Walmart, Christiansburg || Food Lion Christiansburg and Pulaski |
|Home Depot, Christiansburg ||Slaughter's Greenhouse, Floyd |
|T& A's Produce, Dublin || Tyme to Grow , Dublin |
|Smithfield Plantation, Blacksburg ||Hahn Horticulture Garden |
|Kroger in Christiansburg and Radford || Private growers Curt Laub and Mitch Holcomb |
|And we got some donations the day of the sale |
from people dropping off extras!
- 2016 Training Classes
will not happen this year Exension
will try again next year.
- Link for entering hours is:
virginia.volunteersystem.org I have been asked questions about what qualifies to submit
as hours; please ask Deanna about these.
- Mini grant applications (up to $100)for 2016 NOW being accepted.
These are only available to NRVMGA members.
- The current list of physical projects in the area is now posted. See
See the the projects page
- "In Season" newsletter See
- Questions on hours?
See the membership page and
particularly hour definitions
- Please try to turn in timesheets or preferably do on-line
once a month. Sorry, new policy.
- Your web mistress is (still) Erica
Jones (until further notice). Problems? E-mail contact
- Consider joining the state MG organization. They have meetings held across the state and offer
some seminars and potentially more political clout that individual
groups. To contact see www.vmga.net/membership.htm
Local Events Calendar
Bylaws and Rules
This site was last updated
...Spring? So soon?